Falwell Jr.: There's Nothing Trump Could Do That Would Cause Me To Stop Supporting Him
1/2/2019 -- In an interview with The Washington Post Tuesday, evangelical leader and prominent Trump supporter Jerry Falwell Jr. raised some eyebrows by vowing that he would steadfastly support President Trump no matter what he does in the future.
Here is the exact exchange between Falwell and the WaPo reporter:
- WaPo: Is there anything President Trump could do that would endanger that support from you or other evangelical leaders?
- Falwell: No.
- WaPo: That’s the shortest answer we’ve had so far.
- Falwell: Only because I know that he only wants what’s best for this country, and I know anything he does, it may not be ideologically “conservative,” but it’s going to be what’s best for this country, and I can’t imagine him doing anything that’s not good for the country.
Another notable tidbit from the interview transpired as follows:
- WaPo: You’ve been criticized by some other evangelical leaders about your support for the president. They say you need to demand higher moral and ethical standards. You disagree with them on that?
- Falwell: It may be immoral for them not to support him, because he’s got African American employment to record highs, Hispanic employment to record highs. They need to look at what the president did for the poor.
The entire interview can be read here
* * * * *
The Christian Daily Reporter is the best place on the internet for Christians to come and learn the most important news each day -- and we do it without ads, social media, or Big Tech.